Host of the 2016 RRCA National Championship 10K
October 1, 2016 at 7:30 am
Parkview Field in Downtown Fort Wayne
2015 Top Overall Finishers
The 2015 race was won by Billy McManus (above left), 23, Fort Wayne, Indiana finishing in a course record time of 32:18. Liz Schloss (above middle), 27, Fort Wayne, Indiana won the women's 10K in a time of 39:24. he Wheelchair division was won by Devin Gilliam (above right), 24, Fort Wayne, Indiana (52:04). Full complete results click here.
This 6.2 mile race is a natural progression for runners and walkers who have completed the 4 Mile race in the past and want a bigger challenge but may not be ready for the Half Marathon. This race shares the same start, exciting stadium finish and portions of the scenic Half Marathon course. All participants receive a short-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt and a finisher's medal.
2015 race info:
- Race will be run at 7:30am on September 26, 2015.
- The race starts on Harrison Street just north of the Harrison Baker Street intersection (1 block southeast of Parkview Field) in downtown Fort Wayne, and concluded with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
- All participants who complete the course receive a finisher's medal
- Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 14 and Under; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Overall awards are based on gun time, age group awards are based on chip time
- Race numbers are required to participate
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the 10K
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS!