September 27, 2014 - Fort Wayne, IN
Start - 10:45 am - Baker Street Station / Finish - Home Plate - Parkview Field
The 4 Mile Run/Walk is our classic race to help promote people taking their first steps toward a healthier lifestyle. 4 miles is a perfect distance for those just starting out or trying to get back into shape, long enough to be challenging but short enough to be done with moderate training. This race also shares the same start, exciting stadium finish and portions of the scenic Half Marathon course. All participants will receive a short-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt and finisher's medal.
Other race info:
- Race will be run on Saturday, September 27, 2014.
- The race starts in front of the historic Baker Street Station in downtown Fort Wayne, and concludes with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
- All participants who complete the course will receive a finisher's medal
- Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 9 and Under; 10-11; 12-14; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Race numbers are required to participate
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the 4 Mile Run/Walk
- Non-competitive wheel chairs and push strollers are allowed in the 4 Mile only.
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS!
The 2013 4 Mile race was won by Austen Davenport (above left), 27, of Columbia City, Indiana (21:41). The women's winner was Jenny Robinson (above right), 33, of Fort Wayne, Indiana (27:06). Complete searchable results are available here.