2015 Overall Finishers
The 2015 4 Mile race was won by Nathan Hientzeman (above left), 23, of Fort Wayne, Indiana (24:03). The women's winner was Kirstin Alles (above middle), 25, of Ligonier, Indiana with a course record of 25:25. The 4 Mile wheelchair win went to Jeff Trotti (above right),61 , of Fort Wayne, Indiana (51:27). Complete results can be view here.
The 4 Mile Run/Walk is our classic race to help promote people taking their first steps toward a healthier lifestyle. 4 miles is a perfect distance for those just starting out or trying to get back into shape, long enough to be challenging but short enough to be done with moderate training. This race also shares the same start, exciting stadium finish and portions of the scenic Half Marathon course. All participants receive a short-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt and finisher's medal.
2015 race info:
- Race will be run at 10:30am on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
- The race starts on Harrison Street just north of the Harrison Baker Street intersection (1 block southeast of Parkview Field) in downtown Fort Wayne, and concluded with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
- All participants who complete the course receive a finisher's medal
- Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 9 and Under; 10-11; 12-14; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Overall awards are based on gun time, age group awards are based on chip time
- Race numbers are required to participate
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the 4 Mile Run/Walk
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS!