September 27, 2014 - Fort Wayne, IN
Start - 8:20 a.m. - Baker Street Station
Finish - Home Plate - Parkview Field
The 2014 race was won by Alex Cushman (above left), 21, of Ossian, Indiana with a course record time of 1:08:52. The women's winner was Ashley Ade (above middle), 29, of Fort Wayne, Indiana (1:25:44). Both runners earned RRCA Central Regional Championships with their wins. The Wheelchair division was won by Randall Kongar (above right), 19, of Fort Wayne (1:33:46). Complete searchable results are available here.
The Fort4Fitness Half Marathon was selected as the 2014 RRCA Central Regional Half Marathon Championship race. This marked the second time in the past three years that the Fort4Fitness Half Marathon has hosted the Regional Championship Half Marathon for the RRCA. The race started in front of the historic Baker Street Station in downtown Fort Wayne, and concluded with an exciting finish at home plate of Parkview Field. The USATF/RRTC certified course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods, Foster Park, and past landmark churches.
Other race info:
- Race was run on Saturday, September 27, 2014.
- Pace Groups were provided by Fort Wayne Track Club - Click here for details
- All participants receive a long-sleeve moisture-wicking shirt and a finisher's medal
- Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 14 and Under; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Overall awards are based on gun time, age group awards are based on chip time
- Race numbers are required to participate
- You must be able to complete the Half Marathon in 4 hours or less
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the Half Marathon
- Non-competitive wheelchairs and push strollers are allowed in the 4 Mile only.
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS!