September 27, 2014 - Fort Wayne, IN
Start - 8:20 a.m. - Baker Street Station
Finish - Home Plate - Parkview Field
The Fort4Fitness Half Marathon has been selected as the 2014 RRCA Central Regional Half Marathon Championship race. This marks the second time in the past three years that the Fort4Fitness Half Marathon has hosted the Regional Championship Half Marathon for the RRCA. The race starts in front of the historic Baker Street Station in downtown Fort Wayne, and concludes with an exciting finish at home plate of Parkview Field. The USATF/RRTC certified course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods, Foster Park, and past landmark churches.
Other race info:
- Race will be run on Saturday, September 27, 2014.
- All participants who complete the course will receive a long-sleeve moisture-wicking shirt and a finisher's medal
- Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 14 and Under; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Race numbers are required to participate
- You must be able to complete the Half Marathon in 4 hours or less
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the Half Marathon
- Non-competitive wheelchairs and push strollers are allowed in the 4 Mile only.
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS!
The 2013 race was won by Elias Rojas (above left), 27, of Cromwell, Indiana (1:11:21). The women's winner was Crystina Ridenour (above right), 26, of Fort Wayne, Indiana (1:20:37). It was Ridenour's fourth consecutive Fort4Fitness Half Marathon title. Ridenour also set a new Fort4Fitness race record with her time. The Wheelchair division was won by Neal Niezer, 34, of Fort Wayne (1:40:56). Complete searchable results are available here.