2015 Overall Finishers
The 2015 race was won by Elais Rojas (ablove left), 29, of Syracuse, Indiana with a time of 1:11:39. The womens winner was Lindsay Cordes (above middle), 32, of Fort Wayne, Indiana (1:22:34). The Wheelchair division was won by Neal Niezer (above right), 36, of Fort Wayne, Indiana (1:36:35) Complete results can be viewed here.
The Fort4Fitness Half Marathon was selected as the 2014 RRCA Central Regional Half Marathon Championship race. This marked the second time in the past three years that the Fort4Fitness Half Marathon has hosted the Regional Championship Half Marathon for the RRCA. The race started in front of the historic Baker Street Station in downtown Fort Wayne, and concluded with an exciting finish at home plate of Parkview Field. The USATF/RRTC certified course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods, Foster Park, and past landmark churches.
2015 race info:
- Race will be run at 8:30am on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
- The race starts on Harrison Street just north of the Harrison Baker Street intersection (1 block southeast of Parkview Field) in downtown Fort Wayne, and concluded with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
- All participants receive a long-sleeve moisture-wicking shirt and a finisher's medal
- Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 14 and Under; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Overall awards are based on gun time, age group awards are based on chip time
- Race numbers are required to participate
- You must be able to complete the Half Marathon in 4 hours or less
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the Half Marathon
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
- Pace Groups are a free service to those who have registered for the Half Marathon.
- No need to sign up, just look for the appropriate pace sign in the start corrals.
- Meet the pace team before you run! Members of the pace team will be at the Fort4Fitness Expo on Friday, September 25th.
- For more information about the different pace team members, you can check out there bio's here!
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS!