THE 2023 Spring Cycle - Saturday june 3RD, 2023
2023 Tour Information
- Metric Century 100K (63 miles) 50, 36, 22 and 8 mile tours
- Tours start and finish at Promenade Park, Downtown Fort Wayne - 100K & 50 mile tours start at 8:30 AM / 36 & 22 mile tours starts at 9 AM / 8 mile tour starts at 9:30 AM
- To switch to a different tour distance, simply do so on event day (no official switch is necessary)
- All cyclists must wear protective helmets
- On-site registration: Promenade Park: Friday, June 2nd 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM and Saturday, June 3rd 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM. Times subject to change.
- Packet Pick-up information
- Click here for the course map (routes are subject to change)
- Download GPX files here
SAG (Water/Aid) Station Information
SAG STOP #1
Location: WANE TV
Tours using this stop: 8 Mile
Amenities: replenishment (bananas, apple slices, fruit snacks, pretzels, crackers and granola bars), water
SAG STOP #2
Location: St. Patrick Catholic Church of Arcola
Tours using this stop: 22 Mile (once), 36 Mile, 50 Mile and Metric Century (stop twice unless noted)
Amenities: bike checks, replenishment (bananas, apple slices, pretzels, almonds and granola bars), water
SAG STOP #3
Location: Roanoke Park
Tours using this stop: 50 Mile and Metric Century (twice)
Amenities: bike checks, replenishment (bananas, apple slices, pretzels, trailmix, granola bars, Jimmy Johns sandwiches), water and Gatorade
Important Safety Information
To assist cyclists along the course, Bike Ambassadors ride the routes to help in case of any issues. SAG Wagons are placed throughout the course and can be dispatched to a specific location in the event of an equipment malfunction. Police support is dispersed throughout the courses as well. Fort4Fitness remains in communication with these safety support entities.
To have a safe ride, Fort4Fitness recommends obeying the Share the Road rules from Parkview Trauma Centers:
- Always wear a properly-fitted bike helmet. (You must wear a helmet to participate.)
- Ride with traffic.
- Put the cell phone away; don’t text or talk while riding.
- Obey traffic laws, signs and signals.
- Use both hands on the handle bars – except to signal a turn or stop – and stay alert!
A pocket map is provided to all cyclists for a course map, turn-by-turn directions and general safety information. For First Aid or equipment-related issues, cyclists are advised to seek the nearest water/aid station, or if necessary, call to get a mobile unit dispatched to them.
In addition, Trek Fort Wayne and Fort Wayne Outiffiters provides a bike repair station at the start, finish and at each of the water/aid stations.
Have a safe ride!
INCLEMENT WEATHER PLAN
The Spring Cycle is rain or shine, but if lightning or a rough storm will affect the start time of either tour start, we will make announcements accordingly at the Start Line, on social media, our website, and all participants will receive an email. On your registration form, we recommend you sign up for text alerts as well.