Fort4Fitness is committed to the health and safety of all of our participants. We are working diligently to make sure that we're taking the right steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while keeping our sense of community strong.
If you are not comfortable participating in the in-person event, there is also a virtual option in which you can participate on your own at a location of your choosing. All participants registered by November 1st will receive their t-shirt and ornament. Click here to register for the Virtual Winter Wonder Dash.
As we get closer to the event date, we will continue to follow the guidelines of our state and local health officials, and we will make any necessary modifications to keep our community safe. With participant safety and local economic effects at the root of these changes, the 2020 in-person event will be scaled down in comparison to previous years. Our goal is to limit the amount of close contact that participants have with one another while still maintaining the integrity of the races.
Changes for the 2020 event include:
- A rolling start for the 2K and a multi-wave start for the 5K
- Participants will receive a Fort4Fitness neck gaiter in their goody bag. We ask that you wear it or some other form of facial covering during the event. If you have been experiencing COVID-19 symptoms PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND!
- No post-race hot chocolate
- Pre-packaged post-race food for 5K participants
- No water stations (due to limited volunteers and to ensure water is distributed in a safe and hygienic manner)
- An expedited Packet Pick-Up process with less person-to-person contact; see dates and times here
As of right now, we are following all of the recommendations given by the Board of the Health and have permission to move forward with our event. However, they do reserve the right to cancel our event at ANY time. If this were to happen, participants will be allowed to come to Franke Park on the night they registered for, stay in their car to pick up their shirts, neck gaiter, ornament and goody bag and drive through the lights free of charge.
We are unable to give refunds due to expenses already incurred (i.e. shirts, park rental, barricades, port-a-johns, ornaments, etc.) planning for the in-person event. This way, participants can still experience the lights and receive their materials. Again, this is only in the event of a cancellation beyond our control. We appreciate your understanding.